Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Active and Passive voice

  1. The boy throws a stone in the pond.
  2. A stone is thrown by the boy in the pond.
  3. Who throws a stone? The boy
  4. What does he throw? a stone
  5. Where does he throw the stone? in the pond
  6. Does the boy throw a stone in the pond? yes
  7. Does the boy throw a pond in the stone? How can it be?
  8. The boy is  the subject.The stone is the object.
  9. What does the boy do?Throws a stone.
  10. Rama killed Ravana.
  11. Ravana was killed by Rama.
  12. Whom did Rama kill?Ravana
  13. By whom was Ravana killed? By Rama
  14. What did Rama do? killed Ravana.
  15. Did Rama kill Ravana? yes.
  16. Sage Valmiki wrote Ramayana.
  17. Ramayana was written by  Sage Valmiki.
  18. By whom was Ramayana written? By Sage Valmiki.
  19. Who wrote Ramayana? Sage Valmiki
  20. What did Sage Valmiki do? Wrote Ramayana.
  21. Did Valmiki write Ramayana? yes
  22. Was Ramayana written by Valmiki? yes
  23. Mahabharatha was written by Sage Vyasa.
  24. Sage Vyasa wrote Mahabharatha.
  25. Who wrote Mahabhartha?Sage Vyasa.
  26. Was Mahabhartha written by Sage Valmiki? yes
  27. By whom was Mahabharatha written? Sage Valmiki
  28. Lord Muruga killed Surapadma.
  29. Surapadma was killed by Lord Muruga.
  30. Who killed Surapadma? Lord Muruga.
  31. By whom was Surapadma killed? By Lord Muruga.
  32. Did Lord Muruga kill Surapadma? yes
  33. Do you know  this story?Watch Sura-Samhara in Thiruchendur in South India.
  34. My father presented me a pen.
  35. A pen was presented by my father to me.
  36. Who presented the pen? my father.
  37. By whom was the pen presented? by my father.
  38. What was presented by my father? the pen.
  39. What did my father present me? A pen
  40. Did your father present a pen to you? yes.
  41. I  eat an ice-cream. An ice-cream is eaten by me.
  42. I am eating an ice-cream.An ice-cream is being eaten by me.
  43. I have eaten an ice-cream just now. An ice-cream has been eaten by me.
  44. I have been eating this ice-cream . No Passive voice.
  45. I ate an ice-cream.An ice-cream was eaten  by me then/yesterday.
  46. I was eating an ice-cream. An ice-cream was BEING eaten by me.
  47. I had eaten an ice-cream. An ice-cream had been eaten by me then.
  48. I had been eating an ice-cream. No Passive voice.
  49. I will eat an ice-cream tomorrow. An ice-cream will be eaten tomorrow.
  50. I will be eating an ice-cream.     NO Passive voice.
  51. I will have eaten an ice-cream. An ice-cream will have been eaten by me.
  52. I will have been eating an ice-cream. NO Passive voice.
  53. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment